Thursday, October 27, 2016

Midland-Wachusett League XC Championships - 2016.10.26

Photos to Download - Girls JV
Photos to Download - Boys Varsity
Photos to Download - Boys JV

Meet Results


I was able to make it to the League Championships to get the start of the Varsity boys race but I feel bad that I missed the Varsity girls. It is tough making it to meets in the middle of the afternoon on a Wednesday for a working schmuck like myself. Most of these photos were shot with the 7D Mark II fitted with the EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM in manual mode with the aperture set to f/2.8 - f/3.2, auto ISO and the shutter speed between 1/1000 sec and 1/2500 sec. My backup for close up shots and some of the shots in the woods was the 5D Mark III with the EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II lens also in manual mode. The exposure settings were similar to the 7D but I had to push the ISO up to 4000-5000 in the woods because it was pretty dark and overcast later in the meet. I hope the late fall foliage provides a nice backdrop and taking these pictures in the late fall with temperatures dropping into the 40's brings back a lot of memories of running cross country back in the day. Cross country is probably my favorite sport so it is fun to photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment