Saturday, October 29, 2016

Algonquin JV vs St. John - 2016.10.29

Photos to Download


The weather at today's game was nearly ideal for photography - it was not too sunny, it was not raining and dark like the varsity games, it was just right. Cold and overcast conditions provide enough light that I can shoot at a low ISO level and don't create harsh shadows like the ones I had to deal with at the Cross Country meet that I shot at earlier in the week. All of these photos were shot with the 7D Mark II fitted with the EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM in manual mode with the aperture set to f/2.8, a shutter speed of 1/1250 sec to 1/1600 sec and auto ISO. The ISO values were typically between 250 and 400. I did the typical post-production work in Lightroom but I did not really have to do too much other than crop and make small adjustments to the white balance, exposure and highlights/shadows. Overall I am pretty pleased with these photos, especially compared to the photos from the varsity game.

No comments:

Post a Comment