Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Algonquin at Wachusett, Playoffs - 2016.11.04

Photos to Download


It took me a little longer than usual to post the photos for this game because we headed to New York City for the weekend immediately after the JV game. I broke 1000 photos for the first time during a game and I think that they came out pretty nice. I started out the game with the 5D Mark III fitted with the EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM lens but the camera seemed a bit sluggish and I felt like I was missing shots during the quick action. I could not figure out what was going on but attributed it to the cold weather and switched to the 7D Mark II since it has a much higher fps. When I got home I figured out why the camera was so slow - I had the 5D configured to save photos in RAW from a previous shoot I was doing. I wish that I had figured this out at the game because I think that the photos taken with the 5D are better than the ones taken with the 7D. See if you can tell which are which. Anyway, the lights at the Wachusett stadium are much better than the ones at Algonquin so I did not have to do as much post processing and noise reduction and was able to follow my standard workflow.

No comments:

Post a Comment