Friday, October 14, 2016

Algonquin vs Shrewsbury - 2016.10.14

Photos to Download



I wanted to compare the 7D Mark II in low light to the 5D Mark III and since I shot the Leominster game with the 5D I shot this game with the 7D. The lighting at the Shrewsbury field was a bit better than the lighting at the Leominster field, by almost a full stop, so I figured that the 7D would do fine and the extra reach from the crop sensor would be nice. However, this was the last time I will shoot a night game with the 7D - I am not very happy with the pictures and believe they would have been much better with the 5D. I did set a new record for the number of pictures for a single event, mainly due to the high fps of the 7D. Previously I had shot as many as 350 pictures in a game but in this game I was just shy of 700 at 693. My keeper percentage was much lower than usual at just under 10%. All of these photos were shot with the 7D Mark II fitted with the EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM in manual mode with the aperture set to f/3.2, ISO between 6400 and 8000 and and shutter speed between 1/800 sec and 1/1000 sec when I could get it. Finally, I performed basic editing in Lightroom CC 6.6.1 such as crop, lens correction, exposure and white balance and I continued to experiment with the noise reduction capabilities of Lightroom and pushed them much further this time than last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment