Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Algonquin Boys Cross Country vs Wachusett - 20161004

Photos to Download



Most of these photos were shot with the 7D Mark II fitted with the EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM in manual mode with the lens wide open (f/2.8) and the shutter speed set to 1/1000 sec. I set the ISO to 100 because it was very sunny out. My backup for close up shots was the 5D Mark III with the EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II lens. I struggled a little bit with how harsh the sun was and the contrast differences between the sunny and shady areas.

This was my first time using Adobe Lightroom CC 6.1 for post-production. Previously I just put all of the raw, unedited photos up and was never really satisfied with how the collection looked. The workflow I used was:
  • Go through all photos and flag keepers/rejects
  • Adjust exposure on 1-2 of the keepers to determine basic settings.
  • Sync exposure settings to all keepers
  • Step through all keepers and fine tune exposure and set crop
  • Export to online collection
I have to come up with an efficient workflow so that I don't spend hours in post but this was the first time and it is a learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment